Visa Support

As a licensed and recognized language school under the Ministry of Education, AUA can assist in securing on non-immigrant ED visa for the student who apply to study Thai for one year. The ED visa is a non-immigrant visa for the purpose of study. Application for this visa must be made outside of Thailand at a Thai Consulate or Embassy with the Letter of Acceptance from the Education Office of Chiang Mai provided by AUA. The visa is normally valid for 90 days from the date of your arrival in Thailand. It can be extended at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office for another 90 days with supported documents from the school.

What to consider for one year Thai study:

  • Study on the group class basis for 9 terms (360 Hrs.) of study in one year round.
  • Attend one class per term.
  • If the class required is not open in that term, choose the other class in that term.
  • The visa will be terminated on the last day of the 9th term of study.
  • Class time depends on AUA arrangement.
  • Class attendance will be checked attentively. Failure to come to class more than 12 hours of study each term will result in visa cancellation.
  • Pay the fee 45,500 baht, non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • Pay full among and AUA will begin processing.
  • If the student cannot get the visa, AUA will refund only the study fee in cash.
  • Obtain the visa outside the country.
  • Chinese people must apply at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in China
  • Check with the Thai Embassy/Consulate for application hours/days/fees and other personal requirements yourself.
  • Visa application fee will be paid by student.
  • Extend the visa every 90-day period at the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai.
  • Visa extension fee will be paid by student.
  • Student will do the visa extension 3 times for one year course.
  • Prepare to do 90-day notification in addition to visa extension.
  • The visa support will be provided for one year only.
  • AUA needs at least 30 – 45 days preparation after receiving all necessary documents and information from student.
  • 2 forms, completely filled and signed
  • Copy of the passport (every page with records)
  • Copy of your education certificate/diploma
  • Receipt of Notification of Residency (if the applicant is in Thailand)
  • One 2-inch photos
  • Tuition Fee
  • Planned terms of study
  • Location of Thai Consulate/Embassy to apply for the visa
  • Phone numbers and/or e-mail address

For more information please contact us.